The Distance











(From my unrealeased musical "RendezVous")

Far, so far from those you love
When the light had made you come
In this place you chose yourself
The strength you find inside
To try again what you had tried
Is not enough to make you well

Far, so far from those moments
One shining smile, a bad romance
The memories are not enough
The tears that come outside
Are your only paths to the sky
Where lies your latest laugh

The distance,
The only word that links us up
Even my sleep can’t interrupt
The hours that brought us apart
The distance,
The only place we can’t define
The only thought that can’t be fine
The emptiness here in my heart

The loneliness I can’t confess
I can’t even make them guess
Is eating me, feeding my pain
I blame my life, my departure
But I can’t go against nature
I cannot sweat under the rain
Only one day to disappear
One word you thought you wouldn’t hear
One place unreachable, one fear

This distance,
This only sword that put you down
Even my tears can’t stop the sound
Of this lie that brought us apart
This distance,
This only place we won’t define
This only thought that won’t be fine
This sadness forever in my heart

Aucun commentaire: